Traveling with Bella
There is something heart-warming about my pup’s large brown eyes and wagging tail. No matter how busy my day is, just one look at her instantly makes my worries disappear. For work, I have to constantly be traveling and meeting with clients and vendors so it would be ideal to travel with my fuzzy companion to ease my day. However, traveling with a pet is not always so simple. Having to tote them around as well as all of my luggage or having to make sure they are fed and taken care at the same time as I have to do work takes a lot of time. Traveling with your pet can be fun and if planned accordingly, an easy process.
Before you set out on your trip, make sure to check with airplane or train regulations as far as traveling with a pet. Most importantly, make sure your pet is up-to-date on all vaccinations needed. You can also apply flea repellent and get any medications as needed to keep your pet healthy. Your vet must also issue a health certificate ensuring your pet’s safety to travel abroad.
Some airline carriers allow your pup to ride with you aboard the plane, however, based on size, they have may have to ride in cargo. It’s important to remember that dogs are not allowed to fly into Hawaii on some airlines because of quarantine restrictions. Again, check with airlines regarding specific carrier sizes for your pet and ensure you get one that allows your pet enough wiggle room to ride comfortably in for a long period of time. You can get an approved travel crate from a pet store or the airport. They should have handles to be carried easily to and fro and must have ample space for your pet to move around in. If possible, purchase this crate ahead of time to introduce it to your pup.
It’s important to note the temperature when traveling with your pet. According to The American Veterinary Medical Association, consider taking pets on early flights in warm weather and midday flights during colder months. In cases of harsh weather, some airlines may prevent dogs from flying in the cargo area.
And as soon as you are done packing your travel essentials, don’t forget Fido’s must-haves:
- Dog collar
- Identification tags
- Extra money for hotel damage deposit (in case you have a mini-Marley on your hands)
Traveling can sure add life-changing memories and unforgettable experiences. But it can also make you forget about that fitness routine you’ve been so disciplined on. Aside from touring new sites, how do you stay fit when exploring a new part of the world? Mini Kittour offers a few tips to stay fit while traveling so that getting back to your routine isn’t as hard as a mission as trying to pick your new nail color shade.
Glam + Fitness
1) Use the fitness room in your hotel. Many hotels and resorts offer high-end fitness areas complete with weights and cardio machines you are used to at home. Schedule a time to workout before or after your tourist-filled day.
2) Walk and explore. Traveling is all about adventures and what better way than to walk your way around a new location! You are not only burning calories and working on those legs but you are bound to find a hidden gem you can tell your girlfriends about later.
3) Wake up early. Isn’t it wonderful when there is no such thing as an alarm to worry about? But being in a new part of the world can offer endless experiences. So why not enjoy the scenery before all the daily chaos. Put on your sneakers and take a walk to enjoy your free time.
4) Sign up for activiites. If your resort or location offers action-packed tourist activities like kayaking, hiking or snorkeling, sign up! It’s like undercover fitness – you’ll be having too much fun to even realize you are packing in a workout!
5) Indulge Partially. While your cooking duties are put on hold, that doesn’t mean you won’t get hungry. Try new foods and exotic ingredients but make sure to fill up with healthy choices like fruits, veggies and protein.
Traveling sounds like such a lavish affair – until you get to the airport. All that screening and checking in. Fortunately, mini kittour® offers a variety of travel kits and accessories that regain that spirit of luxury. We love our Daily organizer for everyday schedules and our Overnight is a neat item for a spir-of-the-moment trip. But what really amps our celebrity-feel status is the Jet Setter travel kit:
Chocolate & Champagne
What is so amazing about our Jet Setter is not just the detail and luxe-design but all the goodies that come inside! We made travel just a tad bit easier for you with our signature TSA-approved, leak-proof, refillable containers, a dual-ended makeup brush set and a passport cover.
The tray compartment can be taken out for a spacious carry-on bag. Our Jet Setter also comes with an adjustable strap so that it’s easy to carry when you have just about your entire closet packed in luggage. The Jet Setter has a few celebrity fans, including Courtney Cox; but unlike other designer bags, this one is affordable, functional and stylish!
Spacious Caddy Kit