We are certainly enjoying this cold weather as we wrap ourselves with scarfs and jackets but who doesn’t see a picture like this and yearn to be laying on the beach, enjoying the scenic view and warm weather?
Join us as we take a mini dream getaway to Miami, Florida. Literally, a dream getaway because we can only imagine how it would feel like to be on the sandy coast, while instead we are cuddled up at our desks. If you’ve ever been to the “Sunshine State” you may be familiar with some of these hot spots but if you haven’t, it is definitely a trip worth taking.
We digged up a few fun facts about this beach city:
* Miami installed the first ATM machine especially for rollerbladers.
* Florida is the only state that has two rivers with the same name (Withlacoochee).
* The first suntan lotion was invented in 1944 by Miami Beach pharmacist, Benjamin Green.
* Miami is the only major US city to be founded by a woman.
* Out of all 50 US states, Miamim has the cleanest air and water.