A few romantic changes have taken place at the MK Headquarters: two new engagements! We are happy and excited for our team members’ new life journeys and amidst wedding dresses or wedding rings, all the talk has been about destination wedding plans and cruise vacations.
So before we go on about all the lavish details, we tracked a few Do’s and Dont’s for our fellow brides-to-be:
1) As with any travel getaway, it is best to travel during off seasons, when school is back in session and rates tend to be cheaper.
2) Many times, you have to fly to your port of call and the better option is to book the air travel through the cruise line. Although a pricier option, the cruise line will guarantee you reach your ship in time to board.
3) We know you can’t live without your cell phone, even on a ship featuring non-stop fun but do keep in mind that while you are on a cruise, you are passing international territories that could rack up increasingly high fees on your next cell phone bill. Contact your provider before your departure and be informed of roaming fees.
4) Taking a cruise isn’t just about the destination; the experience is throughout the entire trip! Take time to explore the ship and any fun events being held. Cruise ships leave daily itineraries so be sure to check those out and schedule any events you would want to attend such as karaoke and ping pong tournaments, dinner shows and more.
5) Don’t try to smuggle alcohol on board. Security will confiscate any found alcohol and it will not be returned at the end of your trip.
6) The most important rule of all? Don’t forget to take lots and lots of pictures! Whether you are celebrating a honeymoon or just enjoying a summer getaway, every experience captured will definitely be a life-long memory.