So we’re thinking about pizza obviously, when Chicago comes to mind. Famous for their deep-dish pizza which often is tested against battles with a New York style pizza, the “Windy City” as they call it is home to much more than slices of delicious cheesy masterpieces.
Chicago is located in the state of Illinois and has become the third most populated city in the United States with an estimated 9.8 million people, according to Wikipedia.com. The city is divided into four main areas: Downtown, the North Side, the South Side, and the West Side, all of which are represented on the city flag (one red star for each region).
While many visit Chicago for entertainment, it does hold a number of places worth checking out! Chicago is home to Lincoln Park, one of the world’s last FREE zoos and it is also home to the world’s largest FREE outdoor food festival – The Taste of Chicago.
So let’s go back to where this all started: pizza. A Chicago-style pizza has a crust that is up to three inches tall at the edge and includes loads of cheese and chunky tomato sauce. It is also baked in a round, steel pan that is more similar to a cake or pie pan than a typical pizza pan, often times referring to a pizza as a pie instead as it is also stuffed with yummy ingredients.
We know how giddy one can be after booking a trip, but we also know how stressful it can be to actually get there. If organizing and packing isn’t enough, we still have to go through airport check-ins and airport security to finally, finally sit in the waiting room and day dream about our new vacation. However, there is no going around the airport hassle experience, but you can definitely prepare for a smoother process.
Before you even pack any out-of-the-ordinary objects or not sure if you can bring a specific item or product on board, check the TSA regulations to see which items you will have to pack in your regular luggage and which items you can bring in your carry-on. Review all baggage fees for your airline and make sure to always, always carry valuables with you.
In the U.S., you are allowed to bring one carry-on bag and one personal item, such as a laptop, a purse or a briefcase. You should place all liquid, gel and aerosol items into a one quart-sized, clear plastic bag with a zip-top closure. No single item in this bag may contain more than 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters) of aerosol, gel or liquid. Keep in mind that TSA screeners may perform extra tests on any powder you carry aboard.
While you are waiting in line to be screened, take out necessary documents to be prepared. You must have government-issued photo ID and your boarding pass. Either place your documents in a location that is easy to reach or keep them in your hand.
Almost any large metal object will set off the detector so pack your belts with large buckles, glitzy bangle bracelets and extra change in your carry-on bag. If you have body piercings, consider removing your jewelry before going through the airport screening process.
Lastly, be ready to take your shoes off. Either wear slip-on shoes or sandals that you can easily remove before walking through the metal detector and carry an extra pair of socks if you don’t like the idea of walking barefoot.
Our mini travel bottles and jars are not only TSA-APPROVED, but they are perfect accessories to hold in your purse, gym bag or to keep at your desk! You can fill them with your necessary beauty treatments to touch up throughout the day such as sunscreen, moisturizer, makeup remover or cleanser.
What would you store and keep in your mini refillables?
When we think of spring, we think of light colors and light, fashionable pieces. Spring makes us feel pretty and comfy so we chose these two outfits to pack for our next trip that we can definitely swap to create four separate outfits – talk about packing light!
We have managed to, yet again, turn plain travel supplies into must-have chic accessories. Introducing our On-the-Go! Beauty Travel Clutch – an animated zippered bag that holds necessary refillables keeping you beautiful from the inside out. The clutch comes with our four-well pill case, makeup brushes, an empty jar and empty bottles to store and carry your most coveted beauty and skin care needs.
The mini kittour® On-the-Go! Beauty Travel Clutch allows you to primp before, during or after your flight. Our leak-proof travel refillables allow you to carry your makeup routine to any destination. This nine-piece beauty travel set includes:
4 custom bottles with spray, pump and flip-top caps
1 medium jar
1 vitamin case
3 makeup brushes (powder, shadow, angled liner)
Along with must-have travel refillables, the zippered clutch is conveniently made with a ribbon handle to easily carry and access while traveling, and it is stylishly decorated with airplane icons to distinguish from any other toiletry bag when packing.
This is a LIMITED EDITION travel set – to reserve a kit and get one shipped before the launch date, contact us today!
A few romantic changes have taken place at the MK Headquarters: two new engagements! We are happy and excited for our team members’ new life journeys and amidst wedding dresses or wedding rings, all the talk has been about destination wedding plans and cruise vacations.
So before we go on about all the lavish details, we tracked a few Do’s and Dont’s for our fellow brides-to-be:
1) As with any travel getaway, it is best to travel during off seasons, when school is back in session and rates tend to be cheaper.
2) Many times, you have to fly to your port of call and the better option is to book the air travel through the cruise line. Although a pricier option, the cruise line will guarantee you reach your ship in time to board.
3) We know you can’t live without your cell phone, even on a ship featuring non-stop fun but do keep in mind that while you are on a cruise, you are passing international territories that could rack up increasingly high fees on your next cell phone bill. Contact your provider before your departure and be informed of roaming fees.
4) Taking a cruise isn’t just about the destination; the experience is throughout the entire trip! Take time to explore the ship and any fun events being held. Cruise ships leave daily itineraries so be sure to check those out and schedule any events you would want to attend such as karaoke and ping pong tournaments, dinner shows and more.
5) Don’t try to smuggle alcohol on board. Security will confiscate any found alcohol and it will not be returned at the end of your trip.
6) The most important rule of all? Don’t forget to take lots and lots of pictures! Whether you are celebrating a honeymoon or just enjoying a summer getaway, every experience captured will definitely be a life-long memory.